Thursday, January 23, 2020

Doing the Happy Dance with Mother Nature

My neighbors in my neck of the woods are really angry with Mother Nature right now.  Not me.  I understand her role in my life.  She has her seasons.  That's what she does every year with remarkable consistency.  My job is to embrace her ways rather than resist.  In fact, why not be asking her to dance in every season?  Those who restrict their happy times to the seasons that offer ideal temperatures are missing out.  Sure, getting up at 4:45 to shovel my driveway may not sound like fun to my warm-weather friends but for me, it's an opportunity to tone my muscles.  My body told me it had enough toning after three hours on the courts last night but I told it to embrace the opportunity to dance with Mother Nature while most others are still sleeping.  It worked.  According to the weather report, I'm dancing a couple more days in a row before the week is over.  Have a great day and enjoy whatever Mother Nature offers you.

No comments: