Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Where's Wilson?

A familiar face will be missing when I release "The Adventures of Wilson."  Yep.  The main character, Wilson, who dribbled into my life when he was left behind at my day job won't be in any of the pictures.  In fact, if all goes according to plan, Wilson will be out of my life next year.  This is bitter sweet for me but it's the right thing to do.  Wilson never belonged to me although he won over my heart as well as countless strangers who I met on this amazing journey.

I'm in the final stages of the mountain climb.  It's coming together quickly.  It feels really strange to be editing Wilson out of the photos but this is necessary in order to avoid legal complications since I did not receive the permission I was seeking to use Wilson's image in my book.  The empty feeling I have inside while writing today's story foreshadows how my life will be when I finally give Wilson back to his rightful owner.  My sadness will turn to joy when those sick kids at Children's Hospital get their reward for my efforts.  Have a great day.

No comments: