Saturday, November 2, 2019

Important Interview Today

Today may be one of my most important days ever in my quest to discover my family history.  When I first ventured into my wife's homestate, news spread quickly I was interested in cemeteries.  Not much has changed.  In fact, my desire to dig up my family ancestry is stronger than ever.  Perhaps it's because I'm surrounded by so many family connections to the civil war era while I'm on a day job assignment in Minnesota.

If all goes well, Wilson and I will spend some time with a woman who knows better than most what happened when our country was expanding in the New Frontier.  She is from the Dakota tribe, one of two tribes that dominated the Minnesota area before it became a state.  My hope is to learn more details about our shared past.  Our time together was cut short last week while I toured Fort Snelling.  I'm returning this morning after my tennis drills located at "the fort" next door to the historic property.  I believe she has much to share.  If she gives permission to share her interview with others, I do believe this could be an exciting chapter in my upcoming book, "Adventures with Wilson."  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: