Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Recycling a Cover Photo from "The Caveman in the Mirror"


The photo you see here will be a part of all future books.  I decided to recycle it for my independent publisher label, Caveman Miracle Network.  Behind the label are all the prayer warriors who have been with me, some since the beginning of my writing journey.  It started with "Angels in the Outfield," a small group of friends and family members who lifted me up when I was stumbling, fumbling and doing my best to figure out how to navigate the world of publishing.

Recycling is a big deal for me because I'm one of those people who believes in prudent choices to maximize my lifestyle.  I love shopping at second-hand stores, using coupons and finding ways to save money in every area of my life.

That caveman you see in the logo has been haunting me for a long time.  I couldn't get him out of my head while penning my first novel.  Well, it turns out this guy is much more than some fictional character from "The Caveman in the Mirror."  It turns out that there's this place in Northern Spain where some bones were uncovered in a cave not far from my mother's side of the family.  Those bones are 7,000 years old.  An artist was hired to create a model of what this guy looked like, a dark-skinned, blue-eyed hunter gatherer whose DNA is the oldest recoverable DNA ever found.  I have a feeling he's a distant ancestor.   So, I will carry this caveman with me everywhere I go in the world of publishing and I'll always be reminded of the amazing team of people around me who believe in me.  Thank you!  Have a great day.


No comments: