Monday, September 2, 2024

Labor Day Marks End of Summer

 Many families will be closing out summer with their last barbecues today on Labor Day.  I will be barbecuing as well although it certainly won't be the last one of the year.  I plan to keep barbecuing year round no matter what the outside conditions may be.  Thinking back to the time period our ancestors lived in caves, I wonder if their food preparation habits were similar to mine.  Why should barbecue season end on Labor Day?  Why not keep the fun going?  I have a feeling our ancestors may have appreciated barbecuing as a way to keep warm on a snowy day.  

While you're enjoying time with your family today, think about what you can do after Labor Day to enhance your lifestyle.  I plan to use this time to fine tune our household budget.  As much as we enjoy eating out, we will be preparing more meals at home in order to reach our budget goals.  Have a great day.

No comments: