Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Are You Advancing the Football?

 


If you could post scores showing how you are doing with your life, what would the world see?  Are you winning or losing?  The majority of you reading this are most likely in the 4th quarter of your life.  I believe the second half of my life has been devoted to correcting all those errors I made early on in the game.  I also had to pay the price of some serious penalties.  The question of the day is, "Are you advancing the football?"  You don't have to share your answer with me or the world.  This question is meant for you to evaluate where you are on the field and where you are going.

For those of you who are like me and suffered early setbacks, I would like to share my take on the game of life.  Before getting too deep, I would like to thank both my parents for getting me started.  My dream to build a vacation home on wheels is rooted in the first quarter of my life when we spent so much free time camping.  Every weekend was an adventure.  Mom, you were burdened with the preparation and the cleanup afterwards.  I don't know how you did it.  Thank you for that.  Dad, you made camping a priority.  You exposed all of us to the great outdoors.  Thank you for sharing your love of travel with us at an early age.

It's time to go deep now.  I have a detailed plan for the remainder of my time on the field.  The plan requires sticking to a budget, living within my means, giving up time wasting activities, and surrounding myself with like-minded people who believe in winning.  Vince Lombardi tells us winning is a habit...so is losing.  It's not easy to advance the football.  It's not easy to recover from life's interceptions and fumbles.  The challenge is to stay in the game and make adjustments.  How committed are you?  Have a great day.

No comments: