Sunday, September 8, 2024

DIY Dust Collector in Place

Good things come in small packages.  The 2.5 gallon shop vac is the smallest on the market and it's now powering up my DIY garage dust collection system.  I set up a connection point to the dryer vent which inspired this project as I was seeking a way to stop the spread of lint.  Success!  The bonus is the 6ft PVC pipe that can connect to the shop vac for cleaning hard to reach cob webs in high places.  I purchased two of these pipes to serve as a way to transport dust from future tools.  The diameter is one inch to coincide with the small shop vac.  This will work fine as long as I don't have too many connection points open at the same time.  The contraption I made yesterday is rather crude in design but highly effective and great for not breaking the bank. 

I'm thankful for all the YouTubers out there who share videos about projects like the one I completed yesterday.  Perhaps one day I will be able to pay it forward by sharing my own videos.  I will be building my own work tables once I acquire the proper tools to work with extruded aluminum.  These projects will help me learn the skills necessary for the van build next year.  Have a great day.

No comments: