Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Thank You, August, for a Solid Month

 I'm not one to look back except to get an idea of how I'm doing on the path I've plotted.  For me, an end-of-month review helps me identify what's going well and what needs attention.  There is this desire inside me to find balance in my life.  August happens to be one of those months where enough things went right. I'm so thankful I got to spend time with my mom, wife, and all three adult children in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  Thinking back to the night I met my wife over three decades ago at a place that now only exists in my memory, I recall seeing a future that resembled something like the last thirty-one days.  

Thank you, August, for providing excellent weather so we could enjoy the great outdoors.  I look forward to visiting you again in another year.  As much as I love your month, I won't be in a rush to see you.  The upcoming months have their own flavors to savor.  I'm going to take my time until we visit again.  Have a great day.

No comments: