Wednesday, August 11, 2021

It's Magical


 

I don't know a better way to explain my time on the islands.  It's magical.  A couple of days ago I was on a walking meditation.  Part 1 was devoted to a guided meditation I practice daily upon waking called the blessing of the energy centers.  Usually I follow up with some prayers and move on.  In vacation mode there aren't any time constraints so I'm adding a second hour of meditation while walking along the beach at sunrise.  This is where I got my out of this world experience.

The voice asked me to open my heart.  I looked down and the first thing I noticed in the sand was a heart-shaped coral.  I picked it up and felt my heart flutter.  A couple of feet away there was another one.  Then, another.  I added these three treasures to a rectangular coral i picked up at the beginning of the meditation and continued with the walking meditation.

The conclusion of my two hours of what I call "Galaxy surfing" was at our resort in Kaanapali.  My only assignment for the day was to find three lounge chairs and place towels on them for my family.  I waited for the employees to open up and got my three towels.  It was slim picking as the chairs have been reduced for more spacing due to the pandemic.  I found the last three chairs beneath a large shade tree.  While placing the towels, another gentleman walked up.  His body language told me he was not happy.  It turns out he had eyes on the same chairs and rushed to get towels to mark his territory.  I offered him the chairs but he insisted I keep them.  We talked for about ten minutes.  That's when the magic was revealed.  The man's wife works at Headspace, a company that offers apps for meditations.  He lives in Escondido, not far from where we raised our children.  The coincidences were stunning.

I met my wife and shared the story about what happened.  I showed her my coral without speaking.  "This one looks like Molokai," she said, pointing to the rectangular coral I was holding during my walking meditation.  All I could think to myself was, it's magical.  Have a great day.  Aloha.

No comments: