Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Marilyn Burger

 


Our memories sometimes lie to us.  They tell stories loaded with inaccuracies.  I'm no brain expert so what I'm sharing is only from my point of view and it's not intended to be scientific.  What it is meant to portray is what can be possible when you let go of those painful memories from your past that may be preventing you from becoming a better version of yourself.

Last night we visited Cool Cat Cafe located on Front street in Lahaina on the island of Maui.  It was our first visit.  We found gift cards for the restaurant while shopping and decided to check the place out.  It's like going back in time to a fifties style diner.  I found the Marilyn burger on the menu to be intriguing because green chiles were one of the toppings.  My mom was sharing earlier that my dad loved to top off his "world famous" burgers with green chiles.  This was a memory I had long forgotten.  I had to have the Marilyn burger.  Much to my surprise, mom also ordered the Marilyn burger.  Why it surprised me is private.  All I want to share here is that when you allow your heart to forgive all the memories that cause pain, wounds heal.

I'm not a perfect husband.  I'm certainly not a perfect parent.  All I can say is that I'm doing my best.  I'm living in gratitude.  I'm thankful for each day.  The next time we eat burgers together, I'm hopeful you may try the "Marilyn."  Mom recalls it's a great burger.  Have a great day.  Aloha.

No comments: