Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Aloha from Molokai

Breathtaking.  That's what Molokai is.  It's Hawaii before it's raw beauty was tarnished by brushstrokes from manmade bricks.  It's what the first pacific islanders discovered when they first visited.  It's where my soul is finding peace and serenity.  

The naysayers may be highly critical of my ways.  Who in their right mind would invite their mother to such a primitive place in these times of great danger?  My answer is that I am the one, the same one who took my family to a cabin near the Canadian border that had no electricity or indoor bathroom.  "What about the bears?"  That's what those who live in fear ask.  Not me. Without risks are are no rewards.  I don't listen to naysayers.  Their voices stifle the sounds of palm branches bristling in the wind.  They crowd out the pallette of colors I'm inhaling at sunrise as I send you this message.  Aloha.  Have a great day.

No comments: