Friday, August 13, 2021

Can a Blessing be Deferred?

 Blessings are gifts from God.  They can be direct or indirect, as when they are passed through family and friends.  I believe the most important part of receiving a blessing is to acknowledge the sender.  My cup is overflowing with abundant blessings and I would like to express my gratitude to God, family and friends.

There was a time in my life when I saw my cup half empty.  I strived to fill the cup to the brim.  No matter how hard I tried there was always an emptiness inside my heart.  I suspected there was a hole in my bucket but I couldn't find it. Letting go was my only option.  When I did, something happened.  Outsiders may think what happened was only my perception.  Maybe they are right.  There is no longer half empty or half full.  There is abundance.  I won't bore you with my list.  

What I would like to do today is ask a favor from the family member who made a generous offer to treat my wife and me to an awesome meal on Maui.  Even though there are six of us on this vacation and we are nearing the end of our vacation, we are finding our refrigerator full and our supply of prepaid restaurant cards overloaded.  Is it possible to take a deferral on this blessing of a meal?  Thank you for your generosity.  Have a great day.  Aloha!


No comments: