Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Salute to My Mother

 


Moms are a blessing.  Today I'm saluting my mother.  She really knows how to live.  One of her best qualities is endurance.  Many in her age group no longer travel because their bodies can't handle the stress.  Speaking of stress, I put her through one of the greatest travel ordeals a person can tolerate and she never complained.  

The picture you see was shot when our commuter plane landed in Molokai.  Prior to that photo, mom traveled from Phoenix to San Diego on her own, connected with us for our flights to Maui, flew to Seattle on a red-eye when we weren't allowed in, and flew back to Maui again once our COVID-19 tests came back negative.  That's over 8,000 miles of travel and countless steps walking before she accepted a wheelchair at the airport.  Way to go, mom.  You get top honors for mom of the year.  You are my hero.  Have a great day.


No comments: