Thursday, August 12, 2021

Unclogged Moment in Time

 Today's post is somewhat selfish.  I'm writing this partly so my future self can return here should I find myself clogging up.  I'm outside on my patio overlooking the beach in Ka'anapali, Maui's sweet spot for rest and relaxation.  There are some clouds in the distant horizon.  The breeze is light bringing with it the fragrances of native plants blooming behind me.  The morning sun lights up the red soil on the island of Lanai in the west.  Parasailers dot the landscape in red, white, and blue parasails tethered by boats.  I write this from an untethered point of view.  My mind is free of any worries.  It's a great place to be.

It's really easy to get unclogged in places like Hawaii when you're surrounded by loved ones.  The challenge is maintaining this state of mind when you're away from nature.  Perhaps I can pretend I'm here the next time I find myself in front of a negative person or I'm in an uncomfortable situation.  My hope is that when I return to civilization I remember moments like this moment.  I'm grateful for being unclogged and unburdened.  I highly recommend you seek moments like these.  Have a great day.  Aloha!

No comments: