Monday, August 30, 2021

How I Discovered My Mojo

It's happened twice in the last three weeks.  Two different people in two different time zones told me they could feel my energy.   The first time this happened the gentleman offered proof by extending both arms and showing me his goose bumps.  "Your energy is going through me," the man said.  I thought to myself in Spock-like pondering reminiscent of my days watching Star Trek and one word popped into my head... Fascinating.  Since I'm not a science officer like the character Leonard Nimoy portrayed, I can't offer any logic to why this is happening in my travels.  What I can say is I discovered my mojo.  

We all have a certain something inside us that is unique to who we are.  Jesus did his best to teach his followers about this using clever stories that still inspire us a couple of centuries later.  His instructions are well documented for the curious to find for themselves when they are ready to ask.  The secret is right in front of our eyes.  It all comes down to prayer, fasting, and meditation.  Prayer allows a connection to the Divine.  Fasting frees our minds of all the clutter that clogs our creativity.  And Meditation opens the door to a whole new world.  This world is as close to us as our own brains.  Too bad most of us operate this marvelous device on cruise control without ever venturing into the unknown where the magic unfolds.  

I found my mojo by letting go.  I'm free of the prison cell where my old self lived in confinement along with all my prejudices, anger, bitterness, greed, self inflictions, and lost hopes.  I escaped and left my old self behind.  Maybe that's what Jesus means when he tells us we must die to our selves and become a new person.  One more thing happened when I found my mojo.  I became blind to my shadow.  Yes, I know it's there.  We all have our shadows.  I simply can't see mine.  It's invisible.  Shadows cast shade on our mojos.  They are anchors that slow us down in our pursuit of living our dreams.  It feels good to be free.  Have a great day.

No comments: