Thursday, May 21, 2020

Why You Need to Discover What Makes You Tick

If you want to make sure you're alive, check for a heartbeat.  That's the easy part.  The bigger challenge is to figure out why it's beating.  You have a lifetime to figure it out.  The clock is ticking.  Where do you search?  What do you look for?  How do you know when you discover what makes you tick?  Are the test results accurate?

I'm pushing sixty and I don't have all the answers.  In fact, I probably have more questions than ever.  What I do know is certain things give me great joy.  I love, love, love to create.  It can be as simple as writing a blog message or more challenging like my first novel.  I can lose myself remodeling a home or designing the ideal vacation travel van.  What it all comes down to is creating.  In my opinion, these deep passions are my attempts to give glory to God, the Creator of the universe.  Ponder that one for a moment.  Maybe the very reason why your heart is ticking is to give glory to your Creator.  He celebrates everything you do no matter how big or how small, just like a parent.

Good luck with your search for the meaning of life.  Enjoy the journey.  Have a great day.

No comments: