Wednesday, May 27, 2020

How I'm Tracking My Debt Reduction Score

You don't need to play golf to play my Par for the Course Debt Reduction game.  All that is necessary to set your goal for how much extra debt you would like to pay off every month and then keep score to be accountable.  The scorekeeping mimicks golf and is measured in 9 hole increments which can translate to weeks or months.  I'm playing the game for four rounds of nine holes for a total of 36 months.

Like golf, the more you work at debt reduction, the better you get.  I started out with seven bogeys for the first seven months before I got my first par.  This month is my first eagle.  I set my debt payoff goal really high and I knew it would be difficult to attain but I committed to improving my budgeting skills and now it's paying off.  I'm gaining confidence.  Now I'm challenging others to give this game a try.  There's always a way out of the hazards if you keep playing and don't give up.  Have a great day.

No comments: