Monday, May 4, 2020

Lessons from the Birds

The birds don't know about COVID-19.  I appreciate their ignorance.  While most of us are sequestered in our homes, they are mating and building nests.  The yellow finches have re-appeared in my backyard.  They are my favorite species.  I especially appreciate how they flock together and keep each other company.  While it may not be prudent to be within 6ft of others, I do believe we can learn from the finches.  They keep tweeting in all circumstances.  They don't let anything stop their natural instincts to explore and play.  They stay together.  No matter what's going on, they carry on.

I may not be able to speak "Finch" but I'm getting the message these fine creatures are communicating today through their actions.  I'm going to do my best to stay upbeat and keep my tune positive.  These birds are offering some great lessons for all of us.  Have a great day.

No comments: