Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms


Some mothers are in Heaven.  Others, like my mother, are in isolation during this pandemic.  The hugs and in-person visits are suspended.  I'm sending my mother a virtual hug and best wishes for a Happy Mothers Day.  The photo above was taken last year when all six of her children gathered to celebrate her 80th birthday in Mexico.  We have a couple more trips planned with mom once this pandemic passes.

A mother's influence is everlasting.  My mom is always teaching us, mainly by example.  She is loving and caring.  The last time I visited her in the home we grew up in, I asked her what she wanted to do and she asked me to sit with her next to her computer while she showed me some of her favorite YouTube videos.  There is one in particular that inspired me to give daily meditation a try by Dr. Joe Dispenza.  I read three of his books and started meditating in September.  The meditations help me to cope with all the craziness we're all dealing with in the world today.

Thank you, mom, for your constant encouragement and your upbeat attitude.  I look forward to seeing you in person when it's safe to travel again.  I love you.  And to all the moms in this world, I'm wishing you a Happy Mothers Day.  Thank you for making this world a better place.  Have a great day.

No comments: