Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Chip Shot is Working

Some of my friends at my day job think I'm a golfer.  They've been following my story about getting out of debt via my game which happens to be played on a virtual golf course.  Even virtual golf has challenges I find difficult to overcome.  That explains why I earned seven bogeys out of the first seven months.  This year I'm finally lowering my score by relying on daily chip shots.  That's what debt reduction is all about – daily chipping without giving up.

If you're serious about reducing your mortgage, credit card debt, or retiring your auto loan ahead of schedule, learn the chip shot.  It's similar to golf.  You aim for a target and swing.  You will learn from every shot you take and eventually your monthly spending will be under control.  When this happens, all that is needed is a chip shot or two to make par for the month.  Before you know it, all your debts will be gone and you can spend time learning how to play real golf.  My chip shot is getting more consistent and I'm gaining confidence playing on the virtual golf course.  I'll be sharing more about this game in future stories.  Have a great day.

No comments: