Saturday, August 31, 2019

My Secret for Mortgage Reduction is Living in the Future


Your brain has two choices.  Live in the past where all your mistakes, miscues and failures are present or create a new life in the future where your hopes, dreams and aspirations are waiting for you to catch up.  I created this game I'm playing called Par for the Course.  It's really simple – hit the financial goal for the month and make par.  Miss the goal and put a bogie on the scorecard.  Excel and record an eagle.  I played the game for seven months and got seven bogies.  Something happened this month.  I got a grip on my daily spending choices and made par.

I'm doing something radical.  It's called living in the future.  That's where all my dreams of financial freedom are.  In my future, I see a life of flying like an eagle.  All my bogies are in my past and I don't look back except to give myself a good laugh for my stupidity.  Visualization and meditation are helpful tools.  These ideas can be applied to any area of your life where you want to improve.  Make it fun.  Create a future where you can enjoy a great quality of life.  Have a great day.

No comments: