Thursday, August 29, 2019

Celebrating 10 Years of Blogging Today


This is blog post number 3655.  With the exception of one day when I was asleep at the cyber wheel, I've been writing consistently every morning when I wake up for ten straight years.  It's been a pleasure to serve you daily at 8:08 AM.  This activity brings me so much joy.  Maybe it's because I believe I can make a difference by sharing my stories.

The longer I live, the more I realize the importance of simplicity.  Think about the things you do every day.  Some of them may be good and some not so good.  If you want to change your life, all you need to do is work on your habits.  Cease the habits that are not so good and create habits that make you a better person.  The key is to be consistent.

My daily habits look like a stack of pancakes.  It didn't start that way ten years ago when I wrote my first story.  I needed to get consistent with my writing first.  Slowly, I introduced new habits, one at a time, until I got solid momentum.  What is your first pancake?  Today is a good day to get started.  The process gets easier as you solidify your habits.  Go for it.  Have a great day.

No comments: