Monday, August 26, 2019

Iowa Ladies Win Big in Oklahoma

I would like to give a shout out to the Iowa ladies who won it all yesterday in Oklahoma.  They are coached by my teammate, Fred Pedersen, assistant tennis pro at the University of Iowa.  Congratulations, ladies.  Good luck at Nationals in Las Vegas.

Meanwhile, it's back to the basics for our men's team.  I promised them I will train hard while I'm away on another assignment at my day job.  The best way to keep a dream alive is to do the work.  My teammate, Fred, tells me, "It's all about attrition.  Winners never quit.  We need to stay in the game."

Speaking of never quitting, I'm spending time with my mother, the champion of personal growth and top notch motivator.  I still remember the pep talk she gave me when I was struggling with some setbacks at age 50.  She painted a beautiful picture of what my life could be if i stayed in the game.  Thanks, Mom.  Thanks, coach Fred.  Thank you, ladies of Iowa, for showing me the way.  And thank you for visiting this blog today.  Have a great day.


No comments: