Sunday, September 1, 2019

Where is Your Peace?


Got peace?  Take it from Lao Tzu if you don't have it.  He doesn't need it.  He's dead.  Many of his quotes are still around because they work in any place, any time, and in any situation.  Today's story is inspired by someone close to me who happens to be living in another time zone.  He sent me a late-night message from Lao that's meant to be thought-provoking.

Speaking of thought-provoking, I have a question for anyone who is interested in a little philosophy today – How can you become peaceful if you're living in the present but your life is not peaceful?  Take your time with your answer.  This is one of those stories meant to take you out of your regular routine and help you consider other possibilities.

Yesterday I wrote about the choices your brain makes and I offered two choices, the past and the future.  The third choice is the present and Lao tells us if we're at peace, we're living in the present.  I wanted to elaborate on my message because it may seem to be in conflict with Lao's quote.  My message is for those who are stuck in a life that appears like a broken record.  Every day is the same.  There is no peace because everything is the same and there's no hope it will ever change.  The brain accepts this reality because that ugly past keeps repeating itself every day.  It's Hell.  For those people who feel that way, I'm suggesting something different.  Let your brain think ahead to a brighter future and meditate on that happy thought.  The idea is to reprogram your brain and trick it into thinking that your future is already happening now.  Trick your brain into thinking your present is amazing, even if you feel like you're in a rut you can't break free from.  My prayer for you is that you find your peace.  My prayer is that your present is all you want it to be.  My prayer is that your past no longer haunts you.  Peace be with you.  Have a great day.


No comments: