Friday, September 6, 2019

Scorecard Looks Promising on Par for the Course


The first seven months playing Par for the Course resulted in seven bogeys.  The sand traps were overwhelming.  I didn't quit playing this new game I created to help motivate me to retire my mortgage seven years earlier than planned.  Instead, I analyzed what was wrong with my approach and made changes.  I finally got it right on the 8th hole of the 36 month virtual course and made my first par, meaning I paid enough extra on my mortgage to say good-bye to my debt for good and become debt free at the end of the game as long as I stay on par every month.  Sure, there are plenty of months ahead and I still need to make up the shortfall from the first seven months of bogeys, but this month I made my second par just 6 days into the 9th month playing the game.

For those of you interested in applying this game to your life, you can use it for any area that you would like to improve, like losing weight, improving sleep habits, or paying off a credit card.  The reason it works for me is because the game is fun.  Afterall, changing habits is really a mind game and that's what Par for the Course is all about.  I visualize sand traps and other obstacles and then figure out how to get past them and win the game.  I also spend a lot of time dreaming about what my life will look like when I no longer owe the banks big bucks.  My wife also enjoys being on the virtual golf course with me and we're playing together.  I see some eagles in my future and look forward to a successful outcome on schedule.  Have a great day.

No comments: