Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Why You Should Make the Unknown Your Best Friend


Are you afraid of the unknown?  What is it that scares you?  It's quite possible you are so afraid of the unknown that you have become a prisoner.  Here's what I mean.  People who repeat their same mistakes every day are living in certainty.  There's no room for the unknown because everything is pre-programmed.  Same job.  Same meetings.  Same mistakes.  Same regrets.  Certainty.  They do this because change frightens them.  The unknown is some kind of boogie man.

For me, the unknown is where all my new opportunities are waiting for me.  Sure, there are mistakes to be made in the unknown, but they are not the same mistakes.  They are the lesson mistakes that help me grow.  I would rather make a new mistake in a new situation and learn something than be stuck in a rut where everything is the same every day.

It's time to make a new friend today.  Welcome the unknown into your life.  Visit new places.  Try new things.  Have a great day.

No comments: