Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Heat is On


My wife woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me she was cold and asked me to check our furnace.  My first thought when I saw the dip to the low fifties on the thermostat was, why did I get so cheap and buy the smallest space heater on the market?

An ice storm was moving in yesterday at noon and I needed to act quickly in order to restore our heat.  Our local expert had good news and bad news when he visited.  The good news was he found the problem.  The bad news was he had no idea when he could get the part delivered that we needed.  I volunteered to drive wherever he needed me to go and he jokingly started naming the surrounding states.  I headed off to Iowa City, picked up the part, and got home before the ice storm hit.  An hour later the heat was on.  That small space heater kept us warm while our repair man worked his magic.  Life is good.  Have a great day.


No comments: