Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Taunted by the Snow Devil


Mother Nature's minion drifted into my backyard during a recent storm.  I'm calling him a snow devil because he fits the description of an ideal opponent.  These types lurk in the shadows and go out of their way to disrupt lives.  The attacks are relentless.  Snow devils are rarely seen because they prefer anonymity.  I got lucky when I captured this picture yesterday at sunrise.

Mother Nature really seems to be enjoying herself right now.  The more I write about her, the more feisty she gets.  My family thought she was going to taking it easy on us this season when she withheld a white Christmas but it was a dirty trick.  Our weather forecasters are having a field day today reporting "a light glazing of ice is possible."  Beautiful.  My snow devil gets some frosting later tonight after he grows in size by another 8 inches.

Despite all the taunting, my snow devil is powerless over me and my family.  His days are numbered.  We will not be spooked.  Let's see who's still around next month when the calendar flips to a new season.  This backyard snow devil will soon be a memory.  Have a great day.

No comments: