Friday, February 15, 2019

Levels of Gratitude



It's pretty much impossible to be unhappy when you're filled with gratitude.  The more thankful you are, the happier you are.  If you were to measure your level of gratitude right now, where would you be on the scale?  Keep in mind that what's going on around you really has no bearing on your gratitude levels.  What's important is how you handle challenging circumstances or conditions.

One year ago I had one of my most challenging days of my life.  It was also a day I was perhaps the most grateful.  I was grateful the ambulance was so quick to respond.  I was grateful our daughter was uninjured.  I was thankful to have a special moment with Mother Nature when the emergency parking was over capacity and we parked on a side street away from the hospital.  Large flakes of powder were gently dropping on my exposed chest while the paramedics transported me through the snow covered sidewalk.  That moment was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.  There was this muffled silence all around me from the layers of snow on the streets and the lack of people or cars which made the moment even more intense.  I was thankful I remained conscious so that I could savor the scenery and observe my caregivers in action.  Yes, gratitude changes everything.  I really appreciate having readers from all parts of the world who take the time to connect here.  Find something or someone to be thankful for.  Have a great day.

No comments: