Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Can You See Past Your Obstacles?


I feel like these last couple of months have been a chess match and Mother Nature has some pretty good players on her side of the game board.  The other day I saw a video featuring chunks of ice being pushed onto the roadway from an ice tsunami.  It's like Mother Nature has a fortress of players that are impenetrable.  They have special names on their jerseys – Polar Vortex, Snowmaggedon, Snowpocalypse, and Snowdrift.  My side of the board is almost wiped out.  Most of the pawns are sidelined on the icy roadways, victims of her onslaught.  My king is hidden in a corner of the board under two feet of snow where he will remain until we mount our counter-attack.  I know what the goal is – advance one of my surviving pawns to enemy territory and resurrect my queen.  The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.

If you're feeling outnumbered today, don't give up.  Don't be intimidated by walls or anything else standing in your way.  Stay in the game.  Your goals are worth it.  Have a great day.


No comments: