Friday, February 1, 2019

Goal Achievement is Mental


How are you doing on your first mile marker of the new year?  What changes do you need to make to reach the next mile marker in 28 days?  Are you in this for the long haul?  If you're struggling, take a look at the mental part of your goals.  Are your distractions coming from within your own brain?  It's not too late to make some changes in order to achieve your goals.

I'm discovering just how important it is be focused every day.  One wrong turn can get me so far of course that I become lost and my goals become impossible.  I need daily measurement tools to make sure I'm going in the right direction.  It's not only the monthly mile markers, it's the daily markers that measure progress to the one tenth of a mile.  This gives my brain something to focus on while avoiding all the distractions along the way.  I also like to ask my brain to paint a picture of what's waiting at the finish line.  If my brain has a sweet tooth and I convince it there's a bucket of honey waiting at the finish line, it's more prone to push the rest of my body in the right direction.

Congratulate yourself for staying in the race.  Take it one day at a time keep your head in the game.  Have a great day.

No comments: