Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Prepare Yourself for the Uncomfort Zone


Do you really want to go there?  It reminds me how I felt when I was a young boy watching episodes of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone.  Yes, it was scary.  I couldn't resist.  The same is true with the "uncomfort zone," that eerie place residing in the fog of the unknown.  Why would any rational person want to go there?  This is where Mr. Spock gets beamed into my blog story to say, "it's illogical.  Turn around."

The uncomfort zone is on the other side of the rainbow.  Dorothy found it after her head injury and said, "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore."  I found it four year ago when my wife woke up and said, "I don't want to live in California anymore."  Cue the Twilight Zone music.  Stand down, friends and family members who guard the door to the unknown.  I'm ready to be uncomfortable.  It's that necessary space you must pass through, like the neutral zone in Kirk's Star Trek, in order to find the meaning of your life.  Live long and prosper.  Have a great day.

No comments: