Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Benefits of a Positive Mindset


My wife tells me I don't act my age.  She's right.  I view the aging process as another opponent and I deal with it using the same proven strategy I use when confronted with challenging situations and people.  My favorite weapon is a positive mindset.  It begins with the belief that you can prevail against all odds.

Father Time may believe he's got the upper hand with me.  He's relying on historical data from the United States that puts his odds of success in the upper percentiles.  He fails to take into account what happens when his opponent refuses to play the game the same way previous generations played.  Father Time plays a short game.  He convinces his opponents to roll over too early.  Sorry.  I never acquiesce.  55 is the age where the game is just starting to get interesting.  It's the right time to push the game to its limits.  I only know one thing – I'm never going to act my age.  It's not too late to change your mindset.  Use it against any opponent, even someone as big and bad as Father Time.  In my book, you win by stalling.  Go for it.  Have a great day.

No comments: