Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Joy in the Trials


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything ~ James 1:2-4

Something profound happened to me when I decided to embrace my trials rather than run from them.  I really get this verse.  No race can be completed without perseverance.  Ask anyone who has done anything significant and they will tell you about the trials.  The more trials, the stronger you become.  One day you wake up and you say to yourself, "I can do this."  That's the moment when you know in your heart you have everything you need to fulfill your destiny.  It feels good to look in the mirror and see a toothpaste commercial smile of a joyful person who cannot be stopped.  Raise a toast to your trials.  Salute them.  Give thanks for them.  They're a part of you and they're what define who you are – mature, complete and happy, very happy.  Have a great day.

No comments: