It would have been so much easier to raise the white flag of surrender and just walk away. The deck appeared to be stacked against me and the only two cards in my hand nearly seven years ago were foreclosure and bankruptcy. I chose not to play them and instead traded those cards in. What a game changer. The lesson I learned is that you can beat the house if you stay in the game long enough and you never give up. You must have the will to win and the perseverance to keep fighting against the odds. Financial freedom has a price. Here's a snapshot of my battle plan:
- Prepare to win.
- Learn everything you can about your opponents.
- Master the rules of engagement.
- Concentrate on one battle at a time.
- Ration your supplies.
- Do not surrender under any circumstances.
- Do not negotiate with terrorists (zombie debt collectors).
- Clear out every last land mine (credit card).