Thursday, July 9, 2015

Field of Tennis Dreams Becomes Reality



"Is this Heaven?"  Well, if you're a tennis player and you live in my hometown, you might say yes.  It's official.  We have two newly resurfaced tennis courts in Williamsburg.  My daughter and I christened the courts yesterday and we're returning today for more fun in the sun.  The forecast is for a picture perfect 70º day.  This is as good at it gets.

It all started when one of my tennis buddies asked me to appear with him in front of the city council.  They asked me my opinion about the state of the courts and I replied, "the situation is dangerous with all those cracks."  Two years later, the cracks are gone and my field of tennis dreams is now a reality.  I would like to thank Mayor Murphy and all the members of the City Council for investing in our children's future.  Bring your racket the next time you come visit. 

In case you're wondering what my buddy, Wilson has been up to while we were waiting for the new courts, check out his picture below.  He managed to stay busy in the off-season.  Hope to see you on the courts.  Have a great day.

No comments: