Monday, May 11, 2015

Why Author Talks Build Relationships With Readers


Words on a page are powerful.  They inspire change.  For a long time I was afraid to write those words.  They reveal what's inside a writer's mind and soul.  That's really what readers want – to go beyond the words and read between the lines.  Readers want a connection.  It took me a while to discover this.  It's like dating.  Relationships don't happen over night.  They take time to develop.

A book without an autograph is missing something.  There's no bond between the author and the reader.  An author talk fulfills the need to connect on a deeper level.  In the dating process, it's that moment when the reader says, "I want my friends and family to meet you."

My hope is that this blog and my books help you get to know me.  I'm planning a series of author talks for those of you who want more out of our relationship.  The first author talk is on Wednesday,  May 27th at the Williamsburg Public Library from 7pm to 8pm.  Bring a friend.  I'll have copies of my novel available and I'll answer your questions.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: