Thursday, May 14, 2015

Caveman Catapults to Front Page of Paper


Somebody pinch me.  Is this another crazy dream?  I walked in to my local Casey's General Store yesterday morning on my way to my day job and my little baby caveman was staring at me from the front page of the Journal Tribune.  When Brian, the editor who interviewed me, called to tell me he was publishing the story, he told me it was down-sized to make room for the accident on the I-80 just a few miles from my home.  I expected to find the caveman buried deep within the pages of the paper.  There he was.  Bedrock.  The caveman with ice blue eyes, gazing back at me.  No.  I wasn't dreaming.  I snapped a quick photo and put it up on my FaceBook page to share with my friends and family.

Yes, dreams do come true.  All it takes is a commitment to do the work daily.  There is no substitute.  My secret weapon is the Holy Spirit.  Like the caveman who haunts me from the other side of the mirror, the Holy Spirit is with me everywhere I go.  When I needed help, chapters seemed to fall out of the sky like manna from Heaven.  You will have to read the book for the rest of the story.  I hope to see you at a book signing.  The first one is planned for Wed, May 27, from 7 to 8pm at the Williamsburg Library.  Have a great day.

No comments: