Thursday, December 4, 2014

Skidding into Heaven Sideways


I read a quote the other day about Heaven.  It was described as a type of finish line not meant to be approached safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, screaming "whoo hoo, what a ride!"

Life is like playing in a baseball game.  Some players have pristine uniforms.  Are they really playing or are they just going through the motions, waiting for the game to be over?  I'm the guy covered head to toe in mud.  I really don't care how many times I've been tagged out.  There's always next inning.  I can't wait to get back in the game.  I always start my morning fresh, declaring "today is a new day."

Watch out, St. Peter.  When my time is up, I'm gonna round third and make a beeline for heaven before you close those gates.  Yes, my body may be a little bloody.  I may have scars on both knees.  But I'll be running full speed right at you and I'll beat the throw home before you can say, "you're outta here."  I know, it may not be pretty and I may get a little mud on your snazzy white uniform but I don't care.  All that really matters is that I use up every day to the best of my ability.  Care to join me?  Today is a new day.  Let's go out and make a difference.  Time to play ball.

No comments: