Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Is There Room at the Inn?


You are the innkeeper.   You decide who to let inside your home when somebody's knocking.  Mary said yes.  Joseph said yes.  Times were tough.  They found a way.  They made room for Jesus.  The best decision I ever made in my life was to answer the door when Jesus knocked.  It would have been so easy to say, "Can you come back later, Jesus?  My job is stressing me out and the bills are piling up.  I don't have time for you right now."  I'm glad I went with my heart and let Jesus in.

Who is this Jesus knocking on your door today?  My buddy, Isaiah, has a great answer to the question:   For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ~ Isaiah 9:6.  I agree with Isaiah.  Jesus is a wonderful counselor.  He is mighty.  He is everlasting.  And he can give you peace like you've never experienced in your entire life.  Jesus took away all the stress I was experiencing in the workplace.  He found a way to lead me out of troubled waters.  I'm glad I made room for Jesus at the Casa de Mulligan.  Are you taking reservations at your place?  Jesus doesn't use Expedia or Travelocity.  He prefers going door-to-door.  Is there room at the Inn?

No comments: