Monday, December 15, 2014

Are you ready for the next chapter?


The new calendar year is almost here.  It's an opportunity for a new chapter in your life.  There's only one problem.  That sack of grudges you've been carrying around isn't getting any lighter.  I've been there.  You don't want to turn the page because you want the whole world to know just how terrible that person is who wronged you.  Santa Claus has an easier time carrying his sack of toys because every stop he makes the bag gets lighter.  Not yours.  As a matter of fact, you're probably adding to your bag of grudges because you just can't let go.  The hurt is too big.  You believe that if you show the world what a martyr you are by hauling all these grudges with you everywhere you go that maybe they will rush to your aid.  They won't.  And the person who gave you these grudges is probably living a guilt-free life.  Maybe it's time for a new chapter.

I'm ready for some new lessons.  I look forward to the next chapter of my life.  In fact, life without grudges is amazing.  I never really knew how much it cost me to travel with all those grudges in my suitcases.  The airlines would have made a small fortune charging me for all those extra bags.  Not anymore.  I travel light.  My secret is in three words:  "I forgive you."  How about you?  Are you ready for the next chapter?

No comments: