Friday, December 12, 2014

Do You See What I See?


The other day I heard someone complaining about the stock market dropping.  I asked her, "are you buying or selling?"

She replied, "I'm buying."

I told her, "Congratulations.  Everything you're buying is on sale.  The lower the stock market goes, the more you will be able to buy."  She paused for a moment and then the light bulb went off.  She got it. 

Our oldest son told me about an entrepreneur he met while visiting Ireland.  The gentleman shared how he became a business owner during the last recession.  "The prices got so low that I had to buy the place.  It was such a great deal.  I can't wait for the next recession so I can expand,"  the man told my son.

I remember my grandmother sharing how they paid cash for a home during the Great Depression.  "We were savers.  It paid off.  When times got tough, your Grandpa and I decided it was time to pay cash for our home because we were the only people around who saved for a rainy day," she said.

In my opinion, the biggest challenge the world faces these days is debt.  Government leaders of all feathers, Republican, Democrat and Independent, see a world where debt is the norm.  Families are spending money they don't have to buy things they can't afford.  History is repeating itself.  Very few are willing to turn around and see the world from a different perspective.   I find it interesting to see everything when it's flipped upside down or rotated 180º.  That's why I'm sharing my life lessons about debt when I publish my third book, Break the Chains of Debt Bondage, on the 4th of July, 2015.  I believe a new perspective is needed.  How about you?  Do you see the same thing everyone else sees or are you the rare bird who chooses to turn around and change your perspective?  Give it a try.  Please share what you see from your point of view.  Have a great day.


No comments: