Friday, September 19, 2014

You Can't Choose Your Situation But You Can Choose Your Happiness

Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be ~ Abraham Lincoln



There's an Old Testament character named Nehemiah who fought off evildoers with a sword in one hand while using the other hand to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, one brick at a time.  The place was in shambles.  The workers were few.  And the enemy was strong.  That's how I feel about my life.  I'm in the process of rebuilding from the ground up.  I have a sword in one hand to fend off my attackers and one free hand to rebuild a safe haven for my family, brick by brick.

I do one thing every morning that helps me get to my happy place – I count my blessings. I can't choose my situation but I can choose my happiness.  I choose to be happy.  How about you?

No comments: