Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Practice, Practice, Practice


 Life is not fair.  There are no entitlements.  You will get kicked.  And if you're doing anything worthwhile, you will get kicked over and over to the point where you wonder if you can get back on your feet again. 

I'm the guy Bruce Lee refers to in the quote above.  Bruce is right.  Anyone willing to stay in the arena and take 10,000 mulligans in order to master one move is a dangerous opponent.  There are times in my life when I feel like a bullfighter.  My opponent sees me standing alone in the courtroom.  He scoffs, thinking to himself, here's another pro se amateur – I'm going to kick him until he's black and blue.  He has no idea how committed I am to practice, practice, practice.

Do you want to know my secret?  I'm not afraid.  I know Jesus is with me.  I don't care how many bulls are in the arena or how many times they strike at me.  At the end of the day the judge bangs his gavel and tells me, "you're free to go."  All the bull can do is stick his tongue out at me.  A voice from the crowd shouts, "Don't be so glum, bull, this isn't his first rodeo.  We've been watching this guy's moves for a long time and he never loses.  He practices like no other."

No comments: