Sunday, September 14, 2014

Can You Appear at Two Places at Once?


Albert Einstein said it's possible to be at two places at once but it's complicated.  I'm using a little blog magic to pull a rabbit out of my hat.  It looks like I'm here but the truth is I prepared this story in advance so I could be somewhere else at the same time.  Poof!  My family and I are gone.  We're invisible.  Last night we had a close encounter of the Mulligan kind.  Mark Mulligan.  He's like Santa Claus without the suit or the boots, traveling around the country bringing gifts of his music to opera houses and Tiki barns.   If you get a chance, check him out when he comes to your town.  Click here for his calendar.  He pulled off an amazing disappearing act long ago and became a first world refugee.  He's been spotted as far north as Canada and makes regular appearances south of the border.

For those of you wanting to know how to appear like you're at two places at once, here are some suggestions...
  1. Delegate.  This is how you multiply yourself.  Let others share the workload so you can expand your presence.
  2. Cut out the time wasters.  You will feel like you did the work of two people by the end of the day when you stop doing the things that make you unproductive.
  3. Use technology to your advantage.  I love being able to post my stories automatically while I'm somewhere else.  I schedule my Twitter feeds in advance so they post throughout the day.  The tool I use is Hootsuite.  Give it a try.  If you have trouble figuring it out, check out YouTube for a tutorial.  
Have a great day.  Don't forget to leave a comment about your ideas for making it look like you're at two places at once.

No comments: