Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Walls are Shaking



The walls are shaking.  The ground feels like quicksand.  It's another pop quiz.  There's only one question on the test –  Are your eyes focused on me?  I wonder, is another two by four going to fall from the roof and strike me in the head?  My family watches, waiting for my answer.  Will I flinch?

Joshua had the same struggle when he was preparing to take the promised land.  He believed that with God's help he could lead his people to victory.  In order to accomplish the mission, he needed to get his own house in order first.  It starts with the man in the mirror.  Then the family.  A strong foundation is required.  The clock is ticking.  It's time to answer the question.  I choose a bold font for my response...

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

No comments: