Monday, September 22, 2014

The Lord is My Helper

So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”  ~ Hebrews 13:6


Jesus began his public ministry by reading these words from Isaiah 61:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me.
He has anointed me
to tell the good news to poor people.
He has sent me to announce freedom for prisoners.
He has sent me so that the blind will see again.
He wants me to free those who are beaten down.
And he has sent me to announce the year when he will set his people free.

The year was 27 A.D., possibly the year of jubilee.  This occurs every fifty years.  Is it a coincidence Jesus opened with this message about freedom at the same time the world was celebrating jubilee?  I think not.  He is the anointed one.  His timing is perfect.  And his message is timeless.  He is my helper.  He is your helper.  And with Jesus, every year is a jubilee year.

No matter what struggles you are facing today, fear not.  Be bold.  Don't worry about anything.  Jesus is with you.  Take a look in the mirror.  You have the heart of lion.

No comments: