Thursday, July 3, 2014

Up Periscope


It's challenging to navigate when you're underwater, especially when the conditions are murky.  I wondered how low I could sink without an implosion.  My debts were squeezing me like a Boa constrictor on steroids.  I knew I needed help.  Jesus answered my SOS call and he took command.  That's when everything changed.  We headed for the surface and my commander ordered, "up periscope."  I see a whole new world on the horizon but few others float above water.  It reminds me of something I read in a book my wife checked out at the library – you've got to live like no one else so you can live like no one else.  It makes sense.  Most of us live in debt.  We are stuck at the bottom of the sea.  Few ships sail above water.  Here's what I'm doing to reach the surface and sail in the right direction:

  • Up periscope – This new point of view gives me the opportunity to see what my world looks like when I'm debt free.  
  • Cut the anchors –  This includes car loans, credit cards and any other debts that weigh me down.  I'm learning to live within my means.
  • Load the torpedo bay – An emergency account is necessary to battle against unknown attackers.  The best defense is a strong offense.  My goal is a six month supply of cash to handle any emergencies.
Don't lose hope if you find yourself underwater today.  Call on Jesus.  He can help you in any area of your life where you're drowning.  He will inspire you to raise your periscope and reach the surface where you belong.  How do you feel about living like no one else so you can live like no one else?


No comments: