Is your stress-o-meter about to explode? If you answered yes, I can relate. I've been there many times. Don't worry. Today's blog is all about helping you find serenity. Here are seven tips to help you reduce stress:
- Sleep more. Your body needs rest. Don't cheat yourself to try to get more done. Mistakes go up and stress increases when you're not well-rested.
- Exercise. Take one minute out of your day and do some pushups or stomach crunches. This will raise the endorphin levels in your brain and help you cope with stress.
- Stay away from negative people. Think of them as thieves who want to rob you of your happiness. Don't let them near you.
- Organize your life. Clutter adds to stress. Start with making your bed when you wake up. A little bit of organizing every day will keep you out of the danger zone.
- Spend time with happy people.
- Take naps. It's amazing how five or ten minutes of silence can help you get back on track.
- Stay away from sugar. Your body will function better if you avoid junk food. I prefer to eat a banana or an orange on my breaks instead of candy bars. You don't need to put your body on a sugar roller coaster ride that causes your stress-o-meter to burst when your sugar levels crash.