Monday, July 7, 2014

The Art of Adapting


I taught my mother how to play chess when I was a young boy. She learned quickly how the pieces moved but had trouble winning. In order to make the game fair, I volunteered to remove some of my pieces from the board.  This helped me become more efficient with less.

I woke up this morning to work on my daily blog and the power cut out.  My laptop battery was nearly depleted.  It was like reliving the moment when I was trying to win a chess game armed with a handful of pawns.  The power came back but the internet was still down.  So, here I am, blogging from my cell phone in order to post before my deadline.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you master the art of adapting.  Concentrate on what you have and don't complain about what you lack. In the end, you will be able to declare, "checkmate!"

No comments: